Thursday, October 18, 2007

Midseason Prediction Breakdown

So, since I write these columns that hit the web a few days before the weekend, I'm always on record with my picks at least 48 hours before kickoff. Which I like. What I don't like? Going 10 of 29 against the spread, as I did last week. The atrocious ATS performance inspired me to go back and check out my marks for the entire year.


Just to clarify, these stats only include picks I have gone on the record with, in print before the games start. I wish I had a buck for every loser on the internet that tried to tell you they were 75% against the spread.


Here goes:

Season Records:

Straight Up ATS

ACC 5-1 1-4

Big 10 38-8 20-20

C-USA 12-6 7-10



Obviously, the sparkling mark is the 38-8 straight up in Big Ten games. If you just bet winners, that would probably make you a nice profit. The 20-20 ATS mark isn't great, but isn't awful either. (20-15 before last week).


However, 12-6 in C-USA games straight up isn't great, and the 28-34 ATS mark over the year...well that's not profit. Time for some Costanza picks...

No comments: