Monday, January 22, 2007

Charlie O Stays Firm with Tulsa

(This article appeared on tulsa.rivals.com.)

A prized Golden Hurricane recruit is still 100-percent committed to Tulsa, and working on bringing another top prospect with him. Charles Opeseyitan, the vaunted Allen (Tx.) RB who has impressed scouts and competitors at several camps in the past year, has brushed aside initial thoughts of revoking his commitment, and is now "totally committed" to playing at Tulsa next year.

"At first, I thought about switching schools, but then I firmly decided to go to Tulsa," Opeseyitan said. "I made a commitment to the school, and I know that coaches come and go, but the players and people at the school stay solid."

Immediately after Steve Kragthorpe left Tulsa and the Golden Hurricane hired Todd Graham in his place, Opeseyitan was being pressured by an unnamed high school teammate to join him next year at Missouri. However, after thinking things over, "Charlie O" is now the one doing the coercing.

"I'm trying to get my high school teammate Chima Nwachukwu to come play (at Tulsa)," Opeseyitan said. "He committed to Coach Graham at Rice, and I really want him to come play at Tulsa. I think he's going to do it."

Nwachukwu, a 5-foot-10, 190 lb. defensive back, has said in previous Rivals.com stories that he is still committed to Rice, but he has yet to visit the Houston campus.

Although Opeseyitan has solidified his commitment to Tulsa, he did speak with ex-Tulsa coach Steve Kragthorpe at Louisville.

"He seemed pretty excited when I talked to him, and he said that he wanted to be reading up on the great things I did at Tulsa," Opeseyitan said of Kragthorpe. "He said what made Tulsa great was great players, and that meant a lot to me, that he considered me a great player."

No comments: