Saturday, December 01, 2007

Googling, Volume 2

Hey guys. It's 5:42 Eastern time, the morning before the Marathon MAC Championship Game. As you know (I've you've EVER read this blog), I've been to 15 MAC games this year, and obviously the title tilt here in Detroit between Central Michigan and Miami is the culmination of not only my book, but also one hell of a MAC season.

I'm so excited I can't sleep.

Trying to pass the time until they start the continental breakfast starts here at the Comfort Inn (15 minutes and counting), I'm going to tell you some of the things people have been Googling to find this blog. I like to do this now and then because A. its hilarious, and B. I want to make sure these people come back.

Here's how my readers have been getting here the last few days:

"brian biere"
"why i hate brett favre"
"canadian club review" (is this a sandwich or a vodka? I can't decide)
"joe paterno shits himself on the sideline" (yep)
"Uva vs. va tech picks" (gamblers in the house!)
"utep power ranking" (single tear)
"bowl implications ECU vs. Tulane"

Let me address this last one for a minute. "Bowl implications ECU vs. Tulane". Tulane is totally out of the bowl picture, 4-7 or something. So, no implication there. ECU was solidly mired in 2nd place in the C-USA East when this game happened, and their bowl stock wasn't going to improve or deteriorate based on what they did in this game UNLESS UCF lost this weekend. So really, since ECU would go bowling really no matter what, and they're a better draw than anyone else in the East, I would almost venture to say that this game at ABSOLUTELY NO BOWL IMPLICATIONS WHATSOEVER.

This gives me an interesting idea, however, for a new feature on the website.

Why not do features on things people are looking for here, but can't find?

For example - why not do a profile on this?

A photo essay on Paterno shitting his pants on the sidelines?

Why not create a drink called the Canadian Club, and eat it with Canadian Club sandwich?

I'm saying its a very elite form of Grey Goose, except for you have to pay a monthly fee to get your monthly bottle, and the sandwich is a club, except with Canadian Bacon instead of regular bacon. Isn't this possible?

2 comments:

Geoff Wood said...

Thanks for the note - I primarily use the blog to "scrap book" things that are going on and to entertain the in-laws but I'm excited that someone else gets something out of it, too.

Tell your brother I'm a big fan of his work ;)

Geoff Wood said...

Hey, no commentary on the link for "Why I hate Brett Favre"?

That's a pass through from me! ;)