Wednesday, June 27, 2007

ISU Goes Hollywood to Offer Linebacker

(This article originally appeared at iowastate.rivals.com.)

Iowa State is running third behind Central Michigan and Arizona State in the quest to obtain the commitment of a standout Hollywood (Fla.) outside linebacker.

Alex Pattee, a versatile, 6-foot-1, 209-pound OLB from Hollywood Hills High School, lists Ames as one of three places on which he'll definitely spend an official visit. While Pattee says ISU is just outside his top two at the moment, he likes what he sees from the Cyclone coaching staff.

"Coach (Tony) Petersen has been telling me all along that I'm going to be a good fit for their system," Pattee said Thursday. "Last week he texted me with an offer and said they were ready to play ball."

One draw Ames may present for Pattee is the level of Big 12 competition.

"I just love competing against the best."

However, don't expect any offer to sweep Pattee off his feet any time soon.

"I'm going to take my time and really feel this out," said the flexible Pattee, who has played stand-up defensive end in high school and will be used more as a linebacker this coming fall. "I'm going to get all my visits under my belt and really take my time."

According to Pattee, offers from Wisconsin, Wake Forest and West Virginia could be close at hand. He previously claimed offers from Colorado and Air Force along with I-AA programs Eastern Kentucky and Florida A&M.

Pattee recorded over 60 tackles last fall and also rang up eight quarterback sacks.

No comments: